Wednesday, October 4, 2023

2023... Gosh where has it gone???

 Up until Mid December of 2022, we were scheduled to shove off on Jan1 for a late start to The Great Loop. Well you know that old saying,when man plans, God laughs! I had been dealing on a self storage facility next door to our home Marina earlier in the year. Long story short, it landed in my lap at the last moment. The XO and I talked about it back and forth and decided to go forward, buy it, and put the loop on hold. 

 But wait... it is October... why are we just reading about this now? Well because I suck at having this many jobs I guess:) What have we been doing besides working and not posting anything you ask? Well here is a quick catch up!

March:

In March we took a break from working on the new venture to hose my Aunt Janelle and my Grandfather. Last grandparent left! He is 97 here, turning 98 later this year. This summer will be the first year he has not farmed. He kept 40 acres until finally selling and embracing retirement this spring. :) Well Aunt Janelle brought him down to see us from mid western WI, a long trip for both of them. Amy had towor the first day, so I took them to see some local sights, including Loretta Lynn's ranch, just a few miles away!








 

This was Grandpa's bobcat until 2013 when I bought it from him... He wanted to make sure I was taking good care of it!

The next morning we had a nice breakfast and made a little trip to Mermaid Marina, about 23 miles south of us. It rained a bit on the way there, so we stayed inside. Had a great Pizza lunch, then opened up the bridge deck for the ride back.  We gave Grandpa the Captain's seat and boy did he ever get a kick out of that.I had us on autopilot, and he asked well can you actually drive it... Sure I said, switched it off, and away her went piloting us back home. 97 years old and pushing for anew yacht Captain career! 😅😆😂 
















Hopefully we will get the chance to head up the UMR and take Toscana to him next time!! 

Continued in Part 2 >



No comments:

Post a Comment