Monday, August 10:
We had a short run to Killarney so we decided we'd pull our anchors around 0900. There were a lot a weeds so it took a bit to get the anchor up. We made our way up to Killarney while I worked. We arrived at Sportsman's around 1115 and got tied up. Wes visited some while I worked. Then we went over to Killarney Lodge to see the big paddle. We stopped at the carousel bar for a drink with Brileen (Brian and Eileen), Curiosity (Charlie and Sue) and Gvit a Go (Scott and Joan). The we walked to Herbert's Fisheries for fish and chips with Gvit a Go and Curiosity. Then back to our boat where we enjoyed docktales with lots of loopers! Then we went in, watched a little TV then called it a night.
Tuesday, August 11:
We got up and got the boat ready for travel. Then we untied the lines around 0830 when they had space at the fuel dock so we could fill our water, get a pump out and fill our dinghy gas can. While that was getting done, I walked over to Gateway Bakery and got some butter tarts and donuts. We got done filling our water then shoved off the fuel dock around 0945 and headed to covered portage anchorage for the night. We arrived around 1045 to the anchorage. We went in and set our anchor then Curiosity came in and set there anchor and we rafted together. It is another beautiful anchorage surrounded by rocks and trees. Black Diamond (Tim and Sarah) joined us and we all enjoyed visiting. Bahama Problem and Solstice both stopped for a visit as well. When I was done with work we all went over to Black Diamond for pizza night. We called it a night as it was getting dark. We watched a little TV, then went to bed.
Wednesday, August 12:
We had a short run so we didn't leave our anchorage until about 0945 as I had work calls at 1000 and 1100. It was a nice little cruise to Baie Fine. I finished working while Wes took the dinghy and went visiting. We had us, Curiosity, Black Diamond and Bahama Problem all rafted together. We went over to a rocky area near where Solstice was anchored for rocktales after I was done working. There were about 12 dinghies all there as we enjoyed visiting with our fellow loopers! Then back to Toscana where we had dinner and continued to visit with our buddy boats. Chris and Kimber came over and visited with us well into the night. We called it a night around 2330 and headed to bed.
Thursday, August 13:
Wes got up and started making breakfast for the gang. I started working. I was on a work call while everyone enjoyed breakfast on our aft deck. After I was done with my call, I had my breakfast. I continued working then took half a day off so we could all go hike up to Lake Topaz. It was quite the hike up there, but we managed. Then Sue, Charlie, Kimber, Chris and I went over to a rock cliff (it wasn't really that high) and we jumped in. The water was so refreshing! Tim and Sarah got in the water as well. We hung out in the water for a bit, then made our way back to our dinghies. We had rocktales again and once again there were a lot of dinghies and loopers there! We visited for a bit then headed back to the boat for a nice steak dinner with our 4 boats. We enjoyed a great steak dinner with potatoes and homemade bread (thank Kimber)! It was delicious and a great way to celebrate Charlie and Sue's soon to be wake crossing and our last night with Black Diamond for awhile. After dinner, we were visiting and Wes got a call from Mike and Pam on Afternoon Cruise. They haven't anchored much and Pam was extremely nervous about their anchor dragging (they had an issue on their second nigth and she still has some PTSD from that). So they came over and rafted on Black Diamond's port side and they joined us for a couple beverages. We once again stayed up too late, but it was a wonderful evening.



























Friday, August 14:
We got up around 0645 and untied Curiosity so they could take off as they had some miles to do today. Then we rafted with Black Diamond as they already had an anchor out. We got all secured then Wes started doing some computer work while I started working. We un-rafted and pulled our anchor around 1145 and made our way less than 2 miles to a little cove where Gvit a Go (Scott and Joan) were anchored. We set our anchor and rafted to them. I continued working while Wes did some boat items and visited some. Around 1430, Scott noticed they were dragging some, so they pulled their anchor and reset it then rafted to us again. This was a good hold and we were all good. After I was done working, we went over to Gvit a Go's bow and enjoyed anchortales. Votex (Zack and Karen) came over by dinghy and joined us. We convinced them to stay and join us for dinner. We enjoyed grilled pork chops, garlic and herb noodles, rice, broccoli and beets for dinner on the aft deck of Toscana. A good time was had by all! We called it a night as it was getting dark and the bugs were started to come out. We went in and watched a little TV before heading to bed.
We got up a little later than normal. Wes was awake but just stayed in bed while I dosed in and out for a bit. We finally got moving and touched base with Joan (Scott was fishing) to see what they wanted to do. We all decided it was a beautiful sunny day and we were already in a beautiful anchorage that we would just stay there another day. Scott had already caught one nice bass and was hoping to get another. He got what he asked for as when he came back, he had another nice bass. We guessed that one was about 3.5 lbs. and the other was about 5 lbs. So, we were having fish for dinner! I relaxed in my antigravity chair on the bow reading while Wes did computer work. When I got too warm, I put my swimsuit on the floated in the water. Joan got in as well and we both floated for a bit. It was a nice relaxing day! We enjoyed anchortales on Gvit a Go again. When it was time to start dinner, Scott cooked the fish while Wes fried some potatoes and onions (that I prepped) while I made us up some salads. It was another delicious dinner with beautiful scenery and great company! We went in around 2000 and watched some TV before calling it a night.
Sunday, August 16:
We got up around 0630 and started to get the boat ready for travel. We wanted to get into Little Current before the rain came. We un-rafted and started pulling our anchors around 0715 and headed towards Little Current. It was an overcast day with some wind so it was a little lumpy in spots, but not bad. It sprinkled a little. We arrived to the swing bridge around 1045 and waited until the 1100 opening. We had to wait a bit for the marina to figure out where to put us as there were 5 boats that came through the swing bridge. We got settled and good news, Gvit a Go was put right behind us! As we went to go check in, the rain started. We checked in and then walked to find the laundromat. We saw it was busy, but I had 4 loads to do, so we went back to the boat and gathered all our laundry and went to get it done. While it was busy, we were able to get all 4 loads in. We went over to Dockside and enjoyed a Caesar. Then I went back to pull our laundry out of the washers. There weren't any open dryers yet, so I just waited and visited with a local couple. Their laundry was done, but the dryer still had some time on it, so they said I could take it. I put a load in and added some extra time. They did the same with their last load. Wes came by to check on me. We got everything done and folded. Brian and Jeri from Revival stopped to do their laundry and we visited with them for a bit. Then back to the boat where I put the laundry away then took my shower. Scott and Joan stopped by with brownies she made me for my birthday. We then walked up to Anchor Inn for dinner with Gvit a Go (Scott and Joan) and Bahama Problem (Chris and Kimber) while Revival (Brian and Jeri) and Alba (Mike & Marguerite) joined us for a drink for my birthday. Revival was so kind and got me a bottle of wine and a couple coozies for my birthday. On our way back, we stopped for some ice cream. Then we walked back and all went to our own boats, but Chris and Kimber came back for one drink. They left then we just relaxed watching some TV before calling it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment